ALUM BAY COASTGUARD COTTAGES
This is the entrance, up several steps from the Old Alum Bay road, with the Watchhouse building on the left, the windows at various angles to give a better all round view. Unfortunately very dilapidated and overgrown, but the strong structure has withstood the passing of the years extremely well.
The picture on the right is the main building, in use until about
1907, when the new cottages were built on Highdown. Unlike many of the
others pictured, that are in use as private dwellings, these are no longer habitable.
photos taken Aug 2004